This is from the
1882 History of Bond and Montgomery Counties, Illinois, Fairview Precinct.
The time the author is discussing is "about 1830."
"About this time came the Long family. There were three brothers of them,
namely, Abner, Joseph, and John, who settled on the northeast quarter of
Section 22. They afterwards separated, Joseph settling on section 15, on
land now owned by J.M. Harper, and John settling on the land now owned by
D.Cable. Abner being a "potter" and a maker of earthenware, floated about
from place to place, plying his trade, until
1840, when they all "pulled up stakes" and moved to Missouri,
leaving no descendants in this county." p. 152